We recognise our responsibility to treat the information we obtain about you with care. We use personal information about you:
- To provide you with a quote from our insurers.
- To administer your policy if you buy one.
Some of the personal information we ask you to provide may be sensitive. For example, you may have to give us information about your health and the health of other people who will be insured to drive your car. We also need to know about any motoring offences that you and other people who will be insured to drive your car may have. If you buy one of our policies then we will treat you as having given us consent to use any sensitive personal data in connection with the administration of your policy.
Your data may be used for remarketing purposes, including to yourself and to similar audiences online. Third-party vendors, including Google, can show advertisements to you using this data and any data stored using cookies can be used to serve these advertisements, including information based on your past visits to Coversure.co.uk and other Coversure Insurance Services' webpages. If at any point you wish to opt-out of remarketing you can visit Google's Ads Settings or visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Coversure will attempt to save details on this computer regarding your postcode and the location of your nearest Coversure office. This will help us display relevant information to you on future visits and redirect you to your local office page.
As well as storing information about your post code; Coversure also stores some data (cookies) on your computer/device about your visits to our website such as your first visit and the pages you’ve visited while on our website. We feel these are necessary to ensure that Coversure provides you with the best experience possible on our website.
You can use Coversure.co.uk without enabling cookies, but you might find that you have problems using the site, as some of our cookies enable our website to work better.
Fraud prevention and detection
To prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police.
- Check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, prevent fraud, and to manage your insurance policies.
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
We can supply on request further details of databases we access or contribute to. Other uses of your data are fully explained in our terms of business agreement, available to you before you take out insurance with us.