What Is Minibus Insurance?
How Can You Save on Minibus Insurance?
Everyone wants to find ways to save on their insurance without compromising on the quality of cover. You can potentially cut your policy costs by:
- Increasing your excess – if you’re confident in your driving abilities, increasing your excess – the amount you pay in the event of a claim – can be a simple way to reduce insurance premiums
- Secure your vehicle – insurers will often provide discounts on more secure vehicles, as it reduces the risk of them being broken into or stolen. By investing in increased security features – such as internal cameras, alarms, and deadlocks – you’ll not only get the peace of mind that your vehicle is safer when unattended, but you can also benefit from lower premiums
- Build up your no-claims discount (NCD) – have you been driving for years without a claim? Insurers regularly offer discounts based on how long you have been claim free. If your driving history is as a named driver rather than the actual policyholder, you may not be able to get a NCD. If this is your situation, ensure you become a policyholder as soon as you can so you can reap the benefits of a NCD
- Install a telematics system – you may have noticed that technology like black box devices (telematics) are becoming more common in relation to insurance policies. This is because they provide insurers with more information and prevent them from being left in the dark over a claim – especially when claims are disputed. A black box telematics system fitted in your minibus could be a way to save money on your cover
- Reduce your mileage – lower mileage can result in lower premiums
- Have a named driver policy – specifying who can drive the vehicle rather than having an any driver policy can also reduce your costs, especially if the named drivers have good claims histories