Takeaways Insurance | Takeaway Business Insurance | Quotes

We're here to help


Independent service from your local insurance specialists

Need a takeaway insurance quote? Let the independent specialists at Coversure compare their markets to find you quality takeaway shop insurance protection. Your local Coversure office can offer you tailor-made protection, so start your quote today.

Service comes first at Coversure, and as the following feefo testimonials show, we’re the team you can trust with your business

Average Customer Rating:

Independent service rating based on 1156 reviews

What Is Takeaway Insurance?

Takeaway shop insurance is a flexible policy that gives takeaway shops and fast-food restaurants the protection they need. Being open to the public, cooking, frying, handling cash, and potentially having staff means this type of restaurant faces various risks. With takeaway insurance through Coversure, you can get quality protection against:
  • A member of the public being injured while on your premises
  • Damage or theft of your business’s property or equipment
  • Sickness or injury to your staff resulting from your establishment’s activities
  • Business interruption
  • Loss of stock

Who Needs Takeaway Insurance?

Takeaway shop insurance can be taken out by a wide range of restaurants, including:

  • Kebab houses
  • Pizza restaurants
  • Pop-up restaurants
  • Cafés
  • Burger vans and other mobile restaurants

That’s to name but a few.  If you’d like some advice or a takeaway insurance quote built around your business, please get in touch with your local Coversure office.  They’ll be happy to give you the help you need to keep your business safe.

What can Takeaway Insurance cover?

Takeaway insurance offers a package of protection that allows you to cover multiple risks on a single policy*.  Your local Coversure office can provide cover for a wide range of fast-food outlets.  They will create a policy to suit your business’s needs and ensure you have all the elements you need without paying for those you don’t.  A typical policy might include:


Many takeaway owners don’t realise that money is rarely included as part of their standard contents cover.  In a cash business like yours, having money cover will protect your cash while it’s on the premises and to and from the bank


Cooking equipment isn’t cheap, and if something happens to your freezer, deep-fat fryer, or pizza oven, you could be facing a hefty bill.  Whether it’s damaged or the tools of your trade are stolen, equipment cover will assist you with the costs of repair or replacement, allowing you to get back to business-as-usual sooner

Goods in Transit

If you deliver goods to your customers, then goods in transit insurance is a good policy element to have in place.  This will protect the stock you are travelling with from theft, loss, or damage while you, or your drivers and their deliveries, are on the road

Business Interruption

If something catastrophic happened to your business – such as a fire or flood – and your premises is forced to close for a while, could you cope? With no money coming in and bills needing to paying, would you be able to keep putting food on your table while not doing so for your customers? Business interruption cover provides you with an income while your business is out of action, providing much-needed peace of mind in a time of stress

Commercial buildings cover

Do you own the building in which your business operates?  If so, you’ll need commercial buildings insurance to protect your bricks and mortar. Buildings insurance protects you from the cost of repairing or rebuilding your building if it’s damaged by risks such as floods, fires, vandalism, or explosion.

Stock Cover

If you run a shop, pub or restaurant, distributor, or manufacturing plant, you’ll want stock cover to protect your goods – particularly if your stock is expensive items like technology, art, or alcohol or is frozen meat, fresh veg, or anything in between.  Stock cover assists with the costs of replacing or repairing your inventory if it’s damaged, lost, or stolen. Stock cover protects your supplies in the event of storm damage, flood, fire, or theft—a crucial policy element given how expensive your stock can be

Product liability

Did you know that if the products you use, recommend, or sell cause problems, you can be liable for damages? Products are central to your business, and if something goes wrong, you can be liable for claims and compensation.  Should this happen to you, product liability insurance covers the costs of any compensation you are made to pay, together with the legal fees

Employers’ liability

This is a legal requirement if you employ people. It provides cover in the event of your employee injuring themselves or if their property is damaged while at work. The law says that if you employ at least one person, you must have employers’ liability insurance (sometimes called ‘E.L. insurance’) to protect your employees in case they are injured or become ill as a result of working for you. Your policy must:

  • Cover you for at least £5 million
  • Be with an authorised insurer
  • And employers must provide a safe working environment

Public Liability

Provides cover should a member of the public injure themselves or if their property is damaged while you are working.  It covers the cost of claims made by members of the public for incidents that occur in connection to your business’s activities, for example if they slip on the floor and decide to sue you, you’ll be covered.

What Are The Benefits Of Takeaway Shop Insurance?

As well as being able to protect your business from an array of risks, takeaway insurance comes with the following additional benefits:

  • Save time – by putting various pieces of cover together in one umbrella-style policy. This means you only have one policy to manage, one renewal date to remember, and one insurer to deal with in the event of a claim
  • Save money – as you’re effectively buying insurance in bulk, you can save money versus taking out several separate covers
  • Flexibility – do you need to make a change to your business? With takeaway insurance, you’ll only have one policy to amend

The best way to find out how much protection you need is to contact your local Coversure. They’ll be able to advise you as to what you need and create a package of Takeaway cover for you.

Takeaway Insurance FAQ

Takeaway insurance can be a complex area of cover, so to help you get the protection you need, here is Coversure’s takeaway shop insurance frequently asked questions.  We hope they will be of use, but if you’d like some personalised independent advice, contact your local Coversure office.

It’s available to all forms of fast-food restaurants, as well as vans, pop-ups, and cafés

No, but if you have employees, you will need employers’ liability insurance

That will depend on factors such as the size of your business, where it is, whether you offer deliveries and whether you have any staff

Yes.  It can cover these items against loss or theft.  It can also protect expensive items such as cooking equipment and fixtures

Yes, takeaway insurance cover can only be offered to registered companies that can supply their Employer Reference Number (ERN).  So, you must be registered with HMRC.

Getting a quote is easy; contact your local Coversure office or start your quote today

Need a Takeaway Insurance quote?

If you’d like a Takeaway Insurance quote from Coversure, please contact your local Coversure office or start your quote here. Our independent brokers will search their markets to find you the right policy at the right price to keep your business protected.

Commercial Combined

* Policy information is correct at the time of writing. Policy details, limits, and exclusions are subject to insurer’ changes. When taking out a policy, your local Coversure office will be able to advise you of the specifics of your cover.

We're here to help