Flood Risk Insurance | Insurance For Flood Risk Homes

We're here to help

Flood Risk

Independent service from your local insurance specialists

Need a flood insurance quote?  Let the independent specialists at your local Coversure compare their markets to find the right flood risk insurance for you.  Your local Coversure office can tailor protection to your property's needs, so start your quote today.

Service comes first at Coversure, and as the following feefo testimonials show, we’re the team you can trust with your business

Average Customer Rating:

Independent service rating based on 1156 reviews

What Is Flood Insurance?

Flood insurance, or flood risk insurance as it’s also known, is usually included as a standard part of your property’s buildings insurance. What this doesn’t cover, however, is the contents of the building. That’s where flood insurance comes in.

Who Needs Flood Insurance?

If you live in an area considered to be a possible flood risk, you might need flood insurance in case of:

  • A river, canal, pond, or lake bursts its banks
  • Seawater floods your home due to high tides or the failure of flood defences
  • Surface water or rapid groundwater flooding resulting from heavy rainfall or a burst pipe or water main

The high cost of clean-up and repairs following a flood means having insurance for your home and its contents is essential.  If you rent your home, it’s your landlord’s responsibility to have buildings insurance, but contents insurance will be down to you in most cases, so this still applies.

What can Flood Risk Insurance cover?

Flood risk property insurance offers a package of protection that allows you to cover multiple risks on a single policy*.  While the fabric of your property is covered by your buildings insurance, flood risk cover can offer some important protections, including:

  • Covering your home’s contents
  • Removing debris from your property
  • Professional service fees – such as solicitors, architects, surveyors, and builders
  • The repair or replacement of damaged furniture and belongings
  • The cost of alternative accommodation if you can’t live in your home
  • Drying out, repairing, and restoring your property and its fixtures and fittings.
  • Do You Need Flood Insurance?

Adding flood risk insurance to your home can make a lot of sense – especially given that the UK’s climate is getting wetter and sea levels are rising, according to the BBC**.  Flood insurance will insure the contents of your property should the worst happen.


How Is Flood Risk Insurance Different From Flood Re?

Flood Re is an agreement between the government and UK insurers, which allows them to offer more affordable insurance for areas most at risk of flooding.  Some properties don’t qualify for Flood Re, including commercial properties, farm outbuildings, specific residential buy-to-let properties, and homes built since the 1st of January 2009.

How to Reduce The Risk Of Flood Damage

Prevention is always better than cure, and the following simple steps can help you keep the waters at bay:

  • Sign up for flood warnings, so you know when trouble is coming
  • Join a flood action group to help protect your local environment
  • Install products such as flood boards, flood gates, and airbrick covers as that can help keep flood water out of your home
  • Move valuables and other moveable contents to upstairs rooms or as far back from 2the source of water as you can

The best way to find out how much protection you need is to contact your local Coversure. They’ll be able to advise you as to what you need and create a package of Flood Risk cover for you.

Flood Risk Insurance FAQ

Flood risk insurance can be a complicated affair.  To help you get the protection you need, here are Coversure’s flood insurance frequently asked questions.  We hope they will be of use, but if you’d like some personalised independent advice, contact your local Coversure.

Anyone who owns a property where water from outside can get in should consider this

No, but if you are unlucky enough to be affected by flooding, you’ll be glad to have it

That will depend on factors such as your proximity to open water, if you have claimed before, and the value of the contents you wish to insure

The Gov.uk website offers a flood risk information service

Getting a quote is easy; contact your local Coversure office or start your quote today

Need a Flood Risk Insurance quote?

If you’d like a Flood Risk Insurance quote from Coversure, please contact your local Coversure office or start your quote here. Our independent brokers will search their markets to find you the right policy at the right price to keep your business protected.

Empty Property

* Policy information is correct at the time of writing. Policy details, limits, and exclusions are subject to insurer’ changes. When taking out a policy, your local Coversure office will be able to advise you of the specifics of your cover.

We're here to help