Tradesmen Insurance: Protecting Masters Of All Trades
As a tradesman you face a number of different risks each day; risks that make getting a high quality, affordable tradesmen insurance quote a wise move. Being a tradesman – be it as a plumber, electrician, carpenter, plasterer or a builder - means you can be thrown into situations where potentially costly accidents and mistakes can happen. One week you're working inside a customer's home where your concern will be damaging their property or belongings, the next you're working on a building site where your worries are ensuring members of the public remain safe whilst you ply your trade.
Tradesmen insurance through Coversure can provide you with an affordable peace of mind, knowing you're covered should you be held liable for injury or loss as a result of your work. The policies we offer allow tradespeople to continue working, safe in the knowledge that we have your back in the case of a problem. To find out more about how our tradesmen cover can protect the things that matter to you, contact your local Coversure office.
Affordable Tradesmen Insurance Through Coversure
With over 90 offices across the UK, independent advice and great value tradesmen insurance cover is never too far away. With years of experience of working with professionals of all kind, Coversure's staff can assist you with getting a policy that protects you and your business. Protection can also be tailored to meet your needs, so it doesn't matter if you're a plasterer or a tiler, a builder or a scaffolder, you can get the cover you need to protect you against the risks your profession throws at you. As Coversure have access to many of the UK's biggest and best insurers, you can get cover from a name you can trust. For a comprehensive, yet affordable, tradesmen insurance quote, get in touch with your local Coversure office today.
What Can Tradesmen Insurance Cover?
Tradesmen insurance is a powerful, flexible cover that can offer protection against various liabilities, insure the tools of your trade and even yourself. The exact make up of your policy will vary according to the sector you're working in and the risks you face. To get the policy you need, contact your local Coversure office and they'll be happy to arrange one that will suit you. A typical tradesmen policy can include things such as:
- Public liability – an important cover for most tradesmen, public liability insurance can cover you against the risks that can occur during your regular working day. If your work causes a member of the public to be injured or their property damaged and they decide to sue you, public liability will be there to assist with the costs associated with this – including legal fees and compensation pay-outs. When you're working in public spaces this could save your business from a potentially large bill. It will also protect you, for example, against damage or illness caused to tenants of a house you are working on if they become injured or ill. Public liability will likely form the foundation of your tradesmen insurance policy, regardless of your trade type.
- Employers' liability insurance – if you have employees you'll be legally required to have employers' liability insurance. Irrespective of whether your staff are temporary, contracted, part-time or full-time, if you have employees you'll need employers' liability – that's the law. This cover will protect you against legal costs if an employee sues you for unsafe working conditions or actions. Similar to public liability, you're protected against claims if an employee falls ill or gets injured due to your business's actions.
- Tools insurance – your tools are crucial to your work, allowing you to complete your jobs faster, more effectively and more easily. If anything was to happen to those tools your life as a tradesman would get a lot harder and with tools being costly to replace, you could be out of pocket due to no fault of your own. This is where personal tools cover can assist you, covering your tools against accidental damage or theft so that if the worst does happen, you'll be able to get them repaired or replace them.
- Personal accident cover – you need to be fit and healthy to be able to do your job and keep the money coming in. If you were to have an accident and couldn't work whilst you were recovering, you could be left with no income during your recovery period. Personal accident cover protects your income, ensuring that when you're not working you can still continue to put food on the table.
- Construction plant insurance – if you have plant machinery that you own or that you hire- in, construction plant cover can protect you against the costs to repair or replacement of that equipment. As a bill for this type of machinery could easily run into the thousands, it's wise to gain peace of mind for a reasonable premium with construction plant cover.
- Contractors all-risks insurance – if you have a site storing a wide range of building materials with tradesmen working under contracts, then this cover is for you. It could protect you against loss from theft or damage to your materials and assist with costs of legal fees if a contract is terminated and you're left to foot the bill.
What Trades Can Benefit From A Tradesmen Insurance Policy?
If you provide a physical service to the public or other businesses, chances are you can benefit from a tradesmen insurance policy. Trades that can be covered include, but are not limited to;
- Pipe layers
- Sheet metal workers
As you can see, this policy can provide tailored insurance for a wide range of businesses. Though the needs of individual trades will be different, you can get cover tailored to your specific requirements. So, whether that's including tools cover for a carpentry business or employers' liability for a company of electricians, a tradesmen insurance policy can help you.
Like Some More Help?
If you would like some further help from the team at Coversure, then please get in touch with your local Coversure office to get an exceptional, yet affordable tradesmen insurance quote.