What Insurance Do You Need As A Distributor? | Coversure

We're here to help

What Insurance Do You Need As A Distributor?

We understand the hectic lives of distributors, from marketing and sales to gain orders, to ensuring deliveries are on time and that customers are satisfied. So it’s unlikely you’ll find an adequate amount of time to research an insurance policy that can cater for all of your needs, whilst not breaking the bank. That’s why we’ve put this blog together, to inform you of what cover you should look for as a distributor. Got any questions or requiring a quote for your distribution company? Contact Coversure Halifax today, you can call us on 01422 702579

Commercial Combined Cover For Distributors

Firstly, commercial combined cover will likely be the best suited policy for your needs. Commercial combined cover is an umbrella style policy, able to incorporate a range of separate covers under one easy to manage insurance policy. There are several benefits of using a commercial combined policy over having several different pieces of cover, including saving time and money.

By only having one policy to manage you only have one renewal date to worry about throughout the year. You have one broker to contact, rather than several, and if you have amendments you can just make them to one policy rather than several. On top of this, you’ll become a more attractive prospect to insurers by having multiple policies with them, so you may be offered a lower overall cost than if you had separate policies.

What Should You Include In Your Commercial Combined Cover?

So, you know that commercial combined cover is what you need, but what should you include within your cover? Below are some of our recommendations for distributors:

  • Commercial buildings cover – if you own the building that your business operates in, then you should have commercial buildings cover in your policy. This cover will protect you against the costs of repairing or rebuilding your property if it’s damaged by natural occurrences like a fire or flood or vandalised. When this could mean you have to find alternative premises to operate from, you’ll be grateful you have commercial buildings cover.
  • Stock cover – as a distributor your stock is your entire business, so it makes sense to protect it with insurance. Stock cover will assist with the costs of repairing or replacing your stock whether it’s damaged or stolen; crucial cover for a distributor.
  • Goods in transit cover – the majority of your job as a distributor is to get your goods to your customers in a timely manner. To protect you whilst your delivering your goods, you’ll want goods in transit insurance. This cover can protect your goods while delivering as well as the personal belongings of the driver both whilst on the road and if parked overnight.
  • Business interruption – if for some reason you’re forced to close your business, whether that’s flooded premises or other situations, then business interruption cover can continue to provide a roof over your head. These policies can protect your income whilst your business is closed, providing total peace of mind at a time when you need it most.
  • Products liability – when you’re sending products up and down the country, you’ll want products liability cover in your distributors insurance. This will protect you against the costs of claims against you if the product you send injures or causes illness to a member of the public.
  • Employers’ liability – a legal requirement if you have employees of any kind, whether temporary or part-time, employers’ liability protects you from claims from your employees. Regardless of whether that’s for injuries or illnesses caused by your business’ actions or their premises.
  • Public liability – if your business or your business’ actions mean that a member of the public gets ill or injured then you’ll want public liability cover. This will protect you against the claims brought via members of the public.

Contact Coversure Halifax Today

We hope the above blog has explained what insurance cover you need as a distributor, though if you have any questions at all then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at Coversure Halifax. You can call us on 01422 292 448

Share this article


50 Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 2AE

Recent posts from Coversure

We're here to help