Car Insurance Through Coversure:
Quality And Value
Want to cut the costs of motoring? Then get a car insurance quote from your local Coversure office today and see if we can save you money on your cover. Since 1986 we've been helping motorist of all ages drive down the cost of quality cover. Your local experienced team of insurance professionals are here to do the shopping around for you, saving you precious time and money. So, to see how much you could save, get a motor insurance quote from Coversure today.
Whether you're a young driver looking for your first policy, an experienced motorist with a great claims history or someone with expired driving bans or points on their licence, talk to your local Coversure office and let's see how we can help you.
With our close relationships with many of the country's leading insurers – household names such as Aviva and Covea – we can scour our market to find you a policy that suits your needs and your wallet. So, for a fair deal on your car cover, get a quote today.
Car Insurance Through Coversure: Quality From Quote To Claim
When you take out a car insurance policy with Coversure you're not only assured of a competitive deal on quality cover, you're also assured of outstanding customer service. When arranging a quote for you,before contacting our extensive panel of insurers, we'll make sure we understand your circumstances so we can look at the protection and price that's right for you.
And our service doesn't end with your policy. Should you need to make a claim we'll be with you every step of the way. Through our motor claims partner, Claimsline, you'll have access to a dedicated claims service 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. They'll make making your claim a painless experience and will help get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Get Your Great Value Car Insurance Quote
Let Coversure take the hard work out of getting affordable car insurance. With over 90 offices around the UK, help is always close at hand. To find out more, to get some friendly independent advice or to get a competitive car insurance quote, contact your local Coversure office today.
What Type Of Car Insurance Is Right For You?
Like most motor policies, car insurance comes in various forms with each offering a different level of cover. The most common types are;
- Third-party only - this is the minimum cover required by law and will only protect you for third-party liabilities – e.g. damage to another driver's car in the event of an accident
- Third-party, fire and theft – this basically the same as third-party, but it also insures your vehicle should it be stolen or damaged or lost in a fire
- Fully comprehensive – fully comprehensive will cover you should your vehicle be lost to fire, stolen and, in the event of an accident, it will pay for repairs to your vehicle
Which of these options is right for you really depends on how much cover you're looking for and how much you want to spend. Understandably, fully comprehensive tends to be the most expensive form of protection and third-party the cheapest. If you're unsure as to which is best for you, then please contact your local Coversure office and they'll be happy to give you some independent help.
How Can You Save Money On Your Car Insurance Costs?
No one wants to spend more on their car insurance – let's face it, there are more interesting things to spend your cash on. To help you save on yours, here are Coversure's top tips for saving on car insurance costs;
Tip 1: Shop around – it's a competitive market and you'll need to spend some time looking around if you want the best deal
Tip 2: Use an insurance broker – an independent broker such as your local Coversure office can not only save you time by doing the shopping around for you, through their contacts at leading insurers they may be able to find you an even better price
Tip 3: Raise your excess – raising your excess – the amount you pay in the event of a claim - can help reduce your premiums. This is because a) in the event of a claim the insurer will have less to pay out and b) a higher excess is likely to reduce your claims for smaller incidents
Tip 4: Check the policy wording carefully – extras such as breakdown cover, European cover or any driver cover are all great but they can add to your premiums. So, check your policy carefully – or have your broker do it for you to make sure you are only paying for what you need
Tip 5: Protect your vehicle – dashcams, in-car systems such as telematics and having your car parked securely overnight can all help keep premiums down
Tip 6: Reduce your driving time – limiting the number of miles you do, not being covered for certain times, e.g. late at night or only being able to drive in the company of a responsible driver can all help younger drivers reduce their car insurance costs
Tip 7: 2 or more vehicles? Look into fleet insurance – fleet insurance is a great option if you have 2 or more vehicles – be they cars, motorbikes or vans – to protect. It can reduce the cost per vehicle costs, gives you one renewal date and the flexibility to add and remove vehicles and drivers as you need to
How Are Car Insurance Costs Calculated?
There are many factors that contribute to how much your car insurance costs and these include;
- Your age – generally speaking the younger you are, the more it will cost as the risks of a claim are deemed to be higher. Also, elderly drivers may find themselves paying more for similar reasons
- No claims bonus – how many years you have gone without making a claim will help insurers decide on your premium
- Your car – all cars in the UK are placed in insurance groups that range from 1 to 50, with 1 being at the cheaper end and 50 containing sports and luxury cars. The age of your vehicle is also a factor. Older cars are not only (generally speaking) less secure, they are also more attractive to thieves as they are less conspicuous and easier to steal
- Your driving history – how long you've been driving for, whether or not you've had any claims, convictions or points on your licence will all be factored in
- Your postcode – where you live makes a big difference to your policy costs. Postcodes with unfavourable crime rates – especially those with higher than average car crime rates – will push up premiums
- Where your car is stored – whether your car is kept in a locked garage overnight or on the side of a public road could, for example, affect your premiums
- Who will be driving the car – for convenience sake some people need to have named or even any driver cover that allows multiple people to drive it. While this is useful, it could push up costs – especially if the named drivers are young, old or have convictions
- Mileage – the more miles you do, the greater the chances of you having an accident or breaking down and the higher your premiums are likely to be
- Type of mileage - generally speaking if you only want cover for personal driving rather than for business or a combination of the two, then you quote will be lower. This is because statistically-speaking business mileage is riskier